Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Message to Wal-Mart

This came from Glenns niece Kathee through a friend of hers. Thank you Shaylyn for your letter.  It is a wonderful letter and the family appreciates everything.

Kath,
I just sent the following feedback to Wal-Mart's corporate headquarters. It may not make a bit of difference, but I wanted you to know.
Shay

 Dear Sir or Madam,

I have recently become acquainted with the case of Mr. Glenn Stevens in the state of Missouri via the social-networking site Facebook. I have to say, I was terribly disappointed to hear that a company like Wal-Mart with the ability to do so much good was persecuting a very obviously innocent 74 year old man.

I reference an article from the Kansas City Star, which may be found here: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/11/25/2471853/theft-charges-create-nightmare.html.

I find it appalling that with clear evidence to exonerate this gentleman, Wal-Mart and the various localities mentioned continue to persecute both him and his family to tremendous mental and financial detriment without justifiable cause.

I would expect significantly better from a company that is as far-reaching and supposedly committed to doing what is right for the communities it serves.

I implore you to look into this situation further, to dismiss all charges, and to make proper restitution to this man and his family. Especially as the holidays approach. I cannot imagine how they must feel with such a horrible situation hanging over their heads during what should be a joyful time of year.

Until such time as this is resolved, I feel I cannot support Wal-Mart. Injustice in any form is horrific. When an elderly man is suffering due to improper due diligence in large by Wal-Mart personnel, I seriously question whether Wal-Mart is an company with which I can feel good about spending money. Based on the article, this man and his wife have been suffering for five months as of now.

I truly hope that this is some sort of oversight and that Wal-Mart, in a commitment to truth and fairness will drop all charges, formally apologize, and make amends to the Stevens family. I sincerely hope to be able to shop at Wal-Mart again in the future, as it has always provided great values for my family. However, in light of this situation, I cannot in good conscience shop at your stores until this matter is resolved satisfactorily.

I thank you for your time and consideration, and hope that the next article I read regarding this situation will state that Wal-Mart has rectified the circumstances fairly and justly.

Sincerely,
Shaylyn Baker

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment s to Wal-Mart. I would hope that this would atleast cause someone at a corporate level to stop and look at the full story before going forward with more issues and cuasing more legal fees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about we organize some 'informational pickets' around some of the Metro K.C. Walmart stores?

    Just an idea...

    "Groucho"
    http://groucho-karl-marx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete